Spotting A Phishing Email
Once you know what a Phishing email looks like spotting one is a whole lot easier. No matter what antivirus protection you have or what security software you have on your PC phishing emails are still a real threat.
There are various common viruses out there on the web. These include the following:
These pestering viruses can all be the result of Phishing.
So how do you go about spotting a Phishing email?
The Types Of Phishing Attacks
There a various types of scams that makes spotting a Phishing email a difficulty. The different types of Phishing scams include:
- Spear Phishing: A Spear Phishing targets a specific group of individuals or an organisation. This is one of the most common ones.
- Whaling: A form of Phishing that is targeted at executive level individuals.
- Cloning: Where a legitimate email is duplicated, however the content inside is replaced by Malware or even Attachments.
How To Spot A Phishing Email
Have you at any point gotten an email from Partners IT or Human Resources that appeared to be unrealistic? Perhaps it was about a tablet giveaway or an increase in your paycheck. Watch out – these sorts of messages are Phishing emails.
How Can I Protect Myself From A Phishing Email?
- Limit the amount of personal information you provide on the internet.
- Use extra caution on mobile devices, as it may be harder to spot Phishing scams.
- Do not respond to requests for personal or financial information through email.
- Check for any bad grammar and spelling. If you spot grammar or spelling errors then you have found a Phishing email.
- Use your common sense.
- If you are ever indoubt about an email then simply do not open it. You are better safe than sorry!
If you have been attacked by a Phishing scam then you need to react immediately. At Alex PC Repair we have Microsoft Certified Professionals working in our team who are one phone call away. Contact us on 0330 332 0711.